Why Join the HRESG Team?
We offer a unique career track. If you are looking to expand your experience, we can offer this to you. In a market where most facilities do not hire without experience, we offer you the opportunity to work with us and develop long term career relationships as you grow your career.
The phlebotomist will be responsible for obtaining blood specimens from patients and for the clerical function of the laboratory including maintenance of all data processing equipment, processing and distribution of patient specimens, organization of laboratory test requests, charting of laboratory reports, and communication between nursing units and the laboratory. Assists students in the specific area for development of technical, clinical, and problem solving. Performs additional duties as needed and or assigned.
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Help with blood transfusions when needed
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Certification is a plus